A BIT MORE ABOUT US
Captivation Marketing has built its reputation on being a creative strategic catalyst that drives business growth. Led by industry influencer Bob Gilbert, who has over a quarter century of innovation under his belt.
Over the years Gilbert has developed winning strategies for numerous organizations including Choice Hotels International, Walt Disney Travel Company, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, SuperClubs, Xanterra, Best Western International, Yosemite and Shenandoah National Parks, Tourism Cares, Disneyland, HelmsBriscoe, ClickSqured (now Zeta Interactive, Alabama Division of Tourism, Exotics Racing of Las Vegas and many more.
Bob has won 15 HSMAI Adrian marketing awards, ASTA supplier of the year, listed in the “Top 25 most influential travel industry executives”. He speaks multiple languages and has lived and worked internationally. His ‘pioneering’ thinking helped create the first booking engine in the lodging industry to offer real-time consumer access to a central reservation system and the first online group booking system. Bob also created Pow Wow Europe.
Bob is well connected and highly credentialed and has taken an active travel industry leadership role. He served on the NTA Board, Russian Heritage Highway committee, was elected as a Commissioner for Visit California, NAJ Advisory Board, Marketing Chair for National Parks Promotion Council, and was an official delegate to the China – USA Tourism Year launch in Beijing, plus multiple years as a Board Director for US Travel Association.
BOB GILBERT CTC MInstM
A few businesses Bob has helped
Alabama Division of Tourism, Best Western, Charisma Records, Chinese Host, Choice Hotels, ClickSquared, Delaware North, eRoam, HelmsBriscoe, Hilton Hotels, Montana Division of Tourism, National Parks Promotion Council, National Park Reservations, NTA, Rezdy, Tourism Cares, Shop America, Tennessee Division of Tourism, Travel Agent Magazine, Visit California, Visit Florida, SuperClubs, Tourism Cares, Walt Disney Attractions, Wayne Newton, Yosemite National Park
- Innovative and Creative Thinking
- Marketing Asset Management
- Integrated Marketing – Social/Digital
- Destination Management
- Partnerships & Sponsorships
- Business Development
- International Sales & Marketing
- Federal, State and County Experience
- Winning over 15 HSMAI Adrian marketing awards
- Launched Kennedy Space Center new persona driven website
- Oversaw global marketing and sales launch for Atlantis Shuttle $100M attraction at the Kennedy Space Center
- Developed and executed USA strategy for Rezdy LLC
- Created “The World’s Largest Hotel Chain” global strategy for Best Western
- Developed first ever travel trade digital publication as publisher of Travel Agent Magazine
- Official Delegate, China – USA Year of Tourism 2016
- Marketing Chair: National Parks Promotion Council
- Board Director: National Tour Association – 2013/14
- Commissioner: Visit California – 2013/14
- Board Member: US Travel Association – Multiple Years
- Developed and Chaired Pow Wow Europe – Multiple Years
- Over 1900 active connections in LinkedIn
- Several hundred skill set endorsements
- Travel activities, Tourism, Hospitality
A POTTED HISTORY
CAPTIVATION MARKETING evolved over many years but was ignited in 2005 when I was EVP with Intrasight, (which later became ClickSquared) working with a brilliant man called Jeff Walters and his partner Dave Tedesco. We were an integrated database marketing company, deep in analytics and complemented with a multi channel communication platform. This became the catalyst to leverage the many relationships I have made and kept over the years and still tap in to their deep knowledge to this day. I have been blessed to have worked with game changers and creative visionaries such as Bob Hazard, Barry Smith, Bear Grylls, Sir Richard Branson, Jeff Walters, Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins and Genesis, Monty Python, Michael Douglas, Guo Dongjie (SVP Ctrip) and Russian President Mikhail Gorbachev. I have also assisted NASA, Rezdy, Hilton Hotels International, National Park Service, Visit California, Visit Florida and the US Department of Commerce. Working with each of them has, without hesitation, influenced the way I think.